Monday, November 9, 2009

Did I shave my legs for this?

Nobody likes going to the doctor.  Or, do they?  I take that back, I do know some people who like to go but they are total freaks of nature.  I, for one, do not like to go.

So, this morning as I’m patiently waiting in my birthday suit for my doctor to come in, I was not too happy to hear this:

 

“Hi!  (super cheerfully)  Ok, I have some bad news.  I have a patient in labor and they want me to come over to the hospital right now.  I’m really sorry!”

Me:  “Guess what?  I have some bad news too.  I painted my toe nails, shaved my legs, and had to miss spin class to come to this appointment this morning!  So, you just tell that girl to keep her legs crossed, because I was here first!”

 

Ok, you’re right, I didn’t really say that.  But, I wanted too, like really bad.  My whole morning was shot, and now I have to waste another morning in December to go back again.  I think I’m going to cancel it, it’s on a Friday and the Friday morning spin class is the best one of the whole week.  Who says you have to have one of those exams every year anyway?  Is it the law?  I don’t think so.  I think everyone is the boss of their own vagina.  Right?

Plus, if I get desperate enough, there’s always this:

Gynecologist--22951

13 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

That is so irritating!

I actually only have mine every 3 years. My doctor told me that this was fine since I had no personal or family history. Works for me!

d.a.r. said...

Sooo obnoxious!!!

Sazzle said...

I shave and update the polish for the doctor too!!!

Maybe you should call the guy on the billboard. I think he is trustworthy...

JennyLee said...

I would have been super irritated too.. Damn those BC prescriptions!

jill said...

haha! poor girl! i HATE those appointments. mine was last week. and oddly enough, i was hoping for someone to go into labor so i could escape. ha!

Jen said...

OMG! Do I hate when this happens!! So irritating, especially when you rearrange your entire morning, especially...when you miss the gym!

Oh the bra is from VS and it is the Dream Angels, mine is uhmm... for full coverage but they also have the Dream Angels Demi as well. That is the same bra, just not as much coverage. Both have the memory foam in them and I swear to you the best bra I have EVER had!! They are $45 each, but I have them in about 7 different colors.

Hey, do you have a facebook account? Was just wondering.

Mrs. Marshall said...

lol that picture is too funny. I know what you mean..my old OB used to call and cancel my every appointment because "someone else is in labor" after being understanding for too long, I switched doctors. I was tired of shaving my legs! lol

Hillary said...

Being that I've frequented the OB/Gyn office a fair amount, I got used to the old "going into labor" excuse. I just figured, now I have the morning off and I'm downtown...mise well do some shopping.

My OB said you only need exam/pap q2 years as long as you have no hx. Check into maybe.

Anonymous said...

ROFL...so annoying but yet funny. It reminds me of my first chiropractor appointment. I did not realize there would be some sort of a physical exam. Sooo...I didn't shave my legs and it had been days!! LOL...I was so embarrassed! It would've been no big deal if my doc had been a woman but alas, my doc is a nice looking man. So, for the whole hour I got to wear my paper gown and do things that showed my back limitations. But I learned..every time I have an appointment with any doctor, I shave my legs.

Christa said...

I would have been mad too!! I had the WORST experience going to the gyno a couple months ago! I had to wait literally two hours to be seen and when the doctor finally saw me she maybe spent like 3 minutes total with me!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

I would have been so irritated too! You are too funny! I shave my legs too.
That billboard is hilarious!

Heather said...

I hate the doctor's office too!! UGH!! I had something similar happen to me like that when I was pregnant with Mollie and I was super sick, and they asked me to come back - that same day!! I was beyond mad!!

Unknown said...

Love the sign.