It has been pretty much drama free around our house, so I haven’t had much to blog about. So, I thought I’d steal this questionnaire from Jen to wrap up 2009.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
The only thing I can think of is that I ran a 5K. I also started spinning, but as you all know I had actually done that one other time:)
(that’s me with the green bandana, and my super cool cousin, Hillary beside me)
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more next year?
Well, I actually sort of made my resolution for the year in November. My resolution was to lose 30 pounds in the next year (by my 30th birthday), and at last count I’m still at 28 pounds lost. I’m not going to give up on those last 2 pounds though! Another resolution was to pay off credit card debt, and not use credit cards. I’m happy to report that we’re at about 99% on that resolution! Oh, and I’m not sure what my resolutions are for 2010.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My brother and sister-in-law had a baby boy, Ethan Joseph, on September 30. My sister and brother-in-law also just had their 4th baby on December 29, Ryan James.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, I don’t think so. I hope I’m not missing anyone, but I really don’t think so.
5. What countries did you visit?
None! Boo, I don’t even have a passport. Maybe that should be a 2010 goal though?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Hmm… “Have?” I will say granite countertops! Ha! I do actually have a better answer for this question, but am going to keep quiet on it.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably November 7th, my 30th birthday. I have no reason why, except that it was a milestone birthday. Also, December 24th and 25th will be etched in my memory for sure.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My biggest achievement is most definitely losing 28 pounds. When I set my 30 pound weight loss goal, I honestly didn’t think I would be able to even come close to that!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think my biggest failure is not being 100% credit card debt free, and not having more money saved. We are getting there though!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ha, I don’t think I will ever have a year where I am illness or injury free! Other than my busted boob, I am also still dealing with post herpetic neuralgia from Shingles which I had almost 2 years ago.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Other than my new boobs, probably my iPod Touch. I love that thing!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Definitely both of my daughter’s! Alivia learned to read this year, learned to ride a bike, and started 1st grade! Lainey started preschool, is learning all of her letters and sounds, learned to write her name, and is becoming much more independent!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled or depressed?
There is one woman I work with whose behavior definitely appalled me, and hurt my feelings.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Pfft! Well, let see…my kids, bills, my kids, bills…need I say more?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Probably vacations! We went to Florida, we spent a week at Silver Lake during the summer, and also a few weekend trips here and there.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus. Ugh. Did I just say that out loud?
17. Compared to this time last year, are (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
I think I am probably the same level of happiness, and have the same amount of money. I am most definitely thinner though!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cooking. I would really like to become a good cook, but it just takes too much time and planning. Maybe this year? Probably not though.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I’d spent less time trying to please people that will never be pleased anyway.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We opened gifts with our girls at our house on Christmas morning, then spent the rest of the day at my parents house with my family. It was very nice.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Fall in love, no. Stay in love, yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I’d have to say Biggest Loser. I just love that show!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, but yes.
24. What was the best book you read?
I read all of Emily Giffin’s books this year (except Babyproof, which I got for Christmas) and I loved them all.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My greatest musical discovery was that due to the fact that my radio never leaves XM Disney, I have no idea what music is popular for adults anymore!
26. What did you want and get?
I could probably name a lot of things, but one of my favorites is the necklace from Tiffany’s my husband got me for my birthday. I have wanted it for 2 years!
27. What did you want and not get?
A sectional for my living room, a new bedroom dresser, new countertops, stainless steal appliances, a Toyota Solara convertible… Ha! I have a very long “want” list! I don’t honestly “need” any of these things though.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Blind Side, for sure!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30, and I didn’t do much during the day but that night we went out to dinner with my parents, then came home and had cake.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have a very good answer for this question, but again, can’t say it here. I’m totally sorry, I hate to be like that!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Seriously? Like duh. Dead Sexy, that’s how I’d describe it. Hehehe…
32. What kept you sane?
Working out, hands down.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have absolutely no idea! I can tell you what celebrity/public figure I did NOT fancy the most though!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m not easily stirred by political issues. However, I will say that I thought watching Obama’s inauguration was very cool.
35. Who did you miss?
I miss a good friend that I used to work with, and I will always miss my grandparents. Especially, my Grandma, I wish she could be here to see my kids grow up.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
To start, I’ve meet a couple of great people at the gym who are always encouraging me. Also one person that I haven’t met yet in person, but has become a great blogging buddy and friend through email and chat is Jen.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
No matter what you do, there will always be critics.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I’ve seen a million faces and I’ve rocked them all.” (ha!)