I was going to participate in Kelly's Korner “Show Us How You Live” today, since the theme is “New Year’s Resolutions/Goals” and I haven’t posted about mine yet.
I have enjoyed reading about all of your goals and resolutions for the year, so I thought and thought about what mine should be. I really, truly did. Pinky Swear.
The more I thought about it though, the more I felt like New Year’s Resolutions are just pointing out the things I suck at. There are definitely some things I suck at, but there are also a lot of things I’m good at too. The things I’m good at take up a lot of time and energy though, so what if I changed a few of those things? It would not make me a better person at all, but it might be fun for awhile.
- Exercise Less. I have spent countless hours in the last year running, spinning, crunching, and weight lifting. Just think about all the naps I could have taken, books I could have read, or Oreos I could have eaten instead.
- Eat More. I gained 30 pounds when I was on my Oreo, M&M, Pizza, Ice Cream, and Diet Coke Diet…I bet I could beat that if I really tried!
- Sleep in More. I don’t really like getting up at 7 am and I see other Mom’s dropping their kids off to school late, so why not me too? Maybe I could be late for work everyday too?
- Cook Less. If I’m being honest here, I only make dinner 5 times a month or less. But, why not make it zero?
- Become a bad driver. I'm thinking about tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, flipping people off, and honking my horn more. My husband does most of these things, and it looks like a lot of fun.
- Be less organized and clutter my house up. By the end of 2010 I would like my house to be enough of a disaster that we could be on the show “Hoarders.”
- Drink More. Have you seen “Intervention” on A & E? Some of those rehab places they go to look pretty cushy, and I could totally use a vacation!
- Spend more money. Starting tomorrow, I’m taking my credit cards out of the freezer, renting a U-Haul, and maxing the cards out. The U-Haul? Oh, well it’s for the sectional, stainless steel appliances, dresser, kitchen table, and flat screen TV I’m going to buy.
- Be frumpier. Doing my hair, putting my make up on, and putting together a cute outfit take up entirely too much time everyday. I’m thinking sweat pants are definitely the way to go!
- Party like a rock star. Being a wife and mommy is fun, but I never went through a partying stage, so why not start at age 30? I’m sure my husband won’t mind.
Ok, so that’s it for now. Please feel free to comment and add your own! You know want to!