Does everyone know “The Girl Next Door?” No, no, no. Not these “Girls Next Door!”
This Girl Next Door!
On Fridays she hosts “Feel Good Friday.” For all the details on Feel Good Friday, you can click here. Long story short, there are 5 prompts you can choose from to write your post about, and they all have to do with being positive! It’s just a nice way to start the weekend with good and happy thoughts! So, click on over, and play along!
Before I get to my actual post I wanted to tell you that I’m specifically choosing to participate in Feel Good Friday this week, because the last week and a half has been a very hard week for my family. I went back and forth as to whether I would write a post on this, but I’ve finally decided just to say a little bit about it because I know there are people from my hometown who read my blog and wonder about what happened.
A little over a week ago my Dad was in a car accident. A motorcycle collided with my Dad’s truck head on, and that man was killed instantly. The morning after the accident, we found out that the man who died was my Aunt’s brother. While the accident was not my Dad’s fault, you can imagine how hard this is, for everyone involved.
That’s all I really want to say for now. Except, that I would ask you to pray for the family of the man who passed away, and for my Dad as well. So, the prompt I am choosing for Feel Good Friday is to list 5 things that make me really happy this week.
- I’m happy that my Dad is alive and that he wasn’t injured in the accident.
- I’m happy that my Dad was able to meet and talk with the wife and children of the man who died. I’m also happy that they have been so caring and compassionate towards my Dad, and that they know it wasn’t his fault, and there was nothing he could do to prevent it.
- I’m happy that on Sunday we are getting together at my parent’s house to celebrate Easter. I’m so excited to see my two baby nephews, and my favorite little nephew “Bubba!”
- I’m happy that the sun is shining, the 10 day forecast proclaims temperatures near 70, and that spring break is almost upon us!
- I’m happy that because spring break is almost upon us, the countdown to the “Lainey Doll” has begun…which means no more fielding questions about “How many more days until we go to the American Girl Doll Store?”…which means less gray hairs for me!
Happy Friday to everyone. To close, I wanted to share a picture with you of my Dad:
P.S. I'm planning on doing a Q&A post soon! If you have any questions for me or for my hubby, there is a link at the top of my page where it says "Ask me Anything!" There's also a button on the right hand side of the page you can use too! So, ask away! Please leave your name and/or blog with the question if you want me to link back to you.