Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Feel Goodiest Friday ever!

Yes, I realize that "Goodiest" isn't a word, but deal with it.  You get the point though, right?  That this Feel Good Friday is the best one to date!  Seriously.

Several times on my blog I have talked about and linked to my cousin Hillary.  Hillary is my cousin, but growing up she was also one of my best friends.  One of our favorite past times was playing with our Cabbage Patch dolls.  Honestly, I couldn't tell you how long we played Cabbage Patch kids, but it was probably until we were too old to be playing dolls.  Don't judge.  My point is this, 20 years ago if you had asked either of us what we wanted to be when we grew up, we both would have simply answered "a Mom."

I found out some time ago that Hillary and her husband were not able to concieve.  I offered to lend her my uterus, but she turned me down flat.  She and her husband had decided that they would complete their family through adoption.  I have learned a lot about adoption by watching Hillary and D.B. go through this process.  Twice in the last five months they thought they were matched with a birth mother, but it fell through.  I can't even imagine what that felt like.  But, one thing I can imagine is what it feels like to welcome your first child into the world:

Welcome to the world Colbie Christine!!
Born Tuesday, November 9th.
Luckiest little girl (and Mom & Dad) in the world!

25 comments:

Tyly said...

BEST Feel Good Friday EVER. I now have goosebumps. I'm SO happy for her, her husband, Colbie, and your entire family!!!!

Cristy said...

Seeing that picture gave me goosebumps! You can see the love in that Mommy's eyes!!

MommyLovesStilettos said...

Awww congrats to them!! :)

Amy Lynn said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Hillary said...

Colbie and I would have to agree, best Feel Good Friday Ever! Can't wait for you two to meet!!!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! I'm so happy for the three of them and the extended family!

My aunt & uncle had similar let-down experiences. With the 1st, the mom changed her mind in the delivery room (with my aunt & uncle standing there) and the 2nd, they had taken the baby home and the mom changed her mind 1 month later (in their state at that time, moms had 2 months post-adoption to change their minds). It was heartbreaking, but they now have 5 beautiful children :-) Congratulations again to your cousin!!!

Llama said...

AWWWW! I love Hillary, she is the sweetest! I am so so very happy for her and your entire family! I know little Colbie is going to have amazing parents! That Cabbage Patch practice sure paid off!!!

momma j lee ♥ said...

Precious moment! Congrats to the new parents!!

I'm a new mom myself to an almost 3 month old, but also very interested (and have been for a long time) in adopting from Korea, my mother country.

I love your posts! Am a new follower now =) I welcome you to drop by my blog as well and say hello. I'm also in the middle of doing my first give-away so come on over and say hi!

Momma J.

Cara Smith said...

Definitely the goodiest Friday ever.

There is nothing like that moment of meeting your child! No matter how they come to you.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Congratulations to your cousin! My sister adopted her first child and was able to conceive a second (with a lot of intervention). It is a big process, much more involved than picking out a baby from the cabbage patch!

-Lauren said...

That is awesome! Brings instant happiness to anyone's heart.

The Random Blogette said...

That story gave me all kinds of warm fuzzies! I am so happy for them. My friend's sister has gone through the adoption process and has successfully adopted a boy and a girl, but I know that she has gone through all kinds of heartbreak with the process too. It is so great to hear when the process does work! Congrats to her!!

Charbelle said...

This just made me tear up. A beautiful picture!! Congratulations!!! I have a friend who just had the mom change her mind, now they have been chosen again and I'm praying for all involved because it's such a heart wrenching process!! Yay for the new member of the family!!!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a great Feel Good Friday. Congrads to her and your expanding family.

Amanda M. said...

OOOOOH! I just got goosebumps from this most FEEL GREATLIEST Friday ever!!! Congrats! Beautiful name, beautiful baby, beautiful everything!!

dollycas aka Lori said...

OK, I have never met Hillary and only know you from the bloggy world, but you actually made me cry. THIS IS THE BEST FEEL GOOD WEEK POST!!!!

Congratulations to everyone!!!

Melissa said...

YAY!!! Congrats to all of them!

Jen said...

Awww....that is so sweet. Happy for them!

I can't believe she didn't want to borrow your uterus. Huh ;)

Amber said...

I LOVE this FGF Post!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The loving is streaming out of that picture. Thanks for sharing the joy.
All good things to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Awww! Congrats to the happy family!

"The happiest days are when babies come." - Melanie Wilkes, Gone With The Wind

LWLH said...

Awww what a little sweet face...congrats to them.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to them! Beautiful!!

I love that you offered up your uterus..you're a great cousin!

MrsDixon said...

Awe how exciting! My hubby is adopted and I know how difficult the process is! How exciting that they have been blessed with a beautiful little girl!

Yankee Girl said...

Feel Goodiest ever!

I have shivers and goosebumps and tears in my eyes!