Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dear Santa

On Saturday I was so ridiculously tired from all the drugs I took on Friday night for my neuralgia Black Friday shopping that I stayed in bed until noon 11 o’clock! I wish I could say that I wrapped all those presents I purchased and plotted out my plan of attack for the rest of the present buying, but the only productive thing I did for the rest of the day was to put the Christmas tree up.

Before we put our tree up I talked to my sister who had also put her tree up on Saturday morning. She said her tree looked “ghetto fabulous.” Side note: I’ve been using “ghetto fabulous” for years and when writing this post I decided to look up the definition in Urban Dictionary. My favorite definition? “When a poor dude gets rich, yet he still fries baloney on the stove.” Ha!

Getting back to the original point… I scoffed at my sister’s ghetto tree, because I knew mine would be nothing short of fabulous. How could it not? All of my ornaments coordinate, I have coordinating bows, sparkly snowball garland, and a clear glass star. The only thing I have going against my tree is that it’s fake.

So, here it is before:

DSC_0113

Oh, and that tree skirt I got on Black Friday at TJMaxx for $19.99! How’s that for ghetto fabulous?

Before I could say “think fabulous”, my girls jumped in head first grabbing every ornament they have made or received in the last 4 and 6 years of their life.

DSC_0118

Ok, who put that construction paper snow man up?

DSC_0120

Oh, no Lainey! Not the cheap plastic candy canes Dad has resurrected from the 70’s!

And we’re done! How do you like it Mom?

DSC_0125

I think there may be a few remnants of fabulous there, if you look closely. However, it is perfect. Every ornament was carefully chosen and placed on the tree with love, and I couldn’t ask for anything more.

DSC_0131

After the tree decorating, Daddy helped the girls write their letters to Santa. In Lainey’s case all of her presents are bought, so writing the letter proved to be difficult, since her list has changed about 100 times. With a little suggestion, we were able to get a few things on her list which we’re sure Santa will deliver (wink, wink).

DSC_0133

I’m not sure you will be able to read it, but Lainey’s says “I was a good girl this year.” When it came time for Alivia to write hers she was a little more of a realist:

DSC_0141

That’s right. “I was a good girl today.” However, after hearing what her sister had written, Lainey was quick to point out that Alivia had pinched her earlier in the day. Everyone should have a little sister to keep them on their toes, right?!

DSC_0145

Alivia wanted to pose with her letter by the tree. Please note the hair style change that occurred sometime between tree decorating and letter writing. I’m not sure what that was all about. Next weekend the girls are going to bring their letters to the Santa mailbox at Macy’s. For every letter collected Macy’s will donate $1 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

We also put up the rest of our indoor Christmas decorations. I only took a picture of my favorite one:

DSC_0138

The Santa and reindeer are really fat, and it’s so cute! I bought them at a store in my town last year, and I’m hoping to someday put them on my mantle when we have a new house. So, for now they have a home on top of the entertainment center. Oh, and the little sign on the right hand side says: Dear Santa, Define Naughty. I also have another one that says: “Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.” I just love them, and they crack the girls up too!

I hope everyone else had a nice long weekend too. Am I the only one dreading Monday tomorrow? Christmas Vacation cannot get here fast enough!

14 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love the Santa letter...so cute!

Leah said...

She wants a bank... that is so funny!

And the tree, I love it with all the decors your kids added, made the tree more special.

Sazzle said...

I purposefully make my tree ghetto fab! I love hand-made ornaments and love ones to have the year on them. Love it!

Unknown said...

I love your tree! It's not ghetto, it's just fabulous! And my kids emailed Santa.

We have several trees to avoid homemade decorations on the big tree. Is that really bad?

Jen said...

The Santa letters were so damn cute!

All I can say is you should see our family Christmas tree. Remember we go to Bronner's every year and each get an ornament. I will leave it at that! :)

Christa said...

Those letters are too cute!

Llama said...

The tree IS comletely FABULOUS!

What cute letters your girls made...Its those moments, plastic candy canes and all...that make everything so perfect.

Laura and Ryan said...

How cute is that Santa letter? I love how honest kids are...so cute!

Amber said...

Dreading Cyber-Monday, what is wrong with you??? Love the letters and Deco!

Lola Harmon-Ramsey said...

I'm still digging the not getting your "tinsel in a tangle." Thats my favorite. We only have ghetto ornaments that are on the top of the tree to keep the little fingers from snatching them. Yes, we are rocking it out.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I think it's a perfectly beautiful family tree!

Heather said...

I love kids Christmas lists, they are so cute!! Your tree looks great, you have a couple of cutie helpers!!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Your girls are too cute, love the letters! Your tree looks great!
My stepson told me the other day that he didn't need to write Santa a letter b/c his mom had Santa's cell number. UGh! Made me mad b/c writing the letters is so much fun, you know!

Amy said...

Ok, that ghetto fabulous baloney story is the funniest thing I've heard in a while!!!

Love the tree! Your girls are beautiful:)