Today is my husband’s 36th birthday! I know everyone says their husband is the best, but seriously, mine is. No, really he is, don’t even try to argue with me on this. Even though I make fun of his bald head, threaten to punch him in the face for snoring, and complain about his nerdiness, he is still my one and only and I am so blessed to be his wife.
I think most of my readers know quite a bit about me, so for Shawn’s birthday I thought I’d tell you a little about him. Here are 5 random facts about my husband:
- He is a computer programmer, and has worked at the same job since graduating from college 14 years ago.
- In high school he smoked pot in the back of a ZZ Top roadie’s semi, but he didn’t inhale.
- He ran track in college, and was All American in hurdles. He still holds the record at his college for 400M hurdles!
- When he was growing up he had a wiener dog named Puddles.
- His favorite movie is The Big Lebowski. (I’ve never even seen it!)
I actually wanted to do 10 facts, but was having a brain fart at 6, so I decided to keep it at 5. Anywho…
Happy Birthday Shawn! I love you, and the girls and I are so lucky to have you! Even though you hate Nickelback, I’m posting this song for you. Due to recent events, this song makes me think of you every time I hear it.