Monday, September 28, 2009

Are you for pumpkin?

karolite-LitePumpkinPie-l

I am a lover of pumpkin pie, pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin cheesecake, etc…  So, I thought I was a lover of all things pumpkin.  Imagine my excitement when I heard another blogger talk about Pumpkin Spice Hershey kisses! 

pumpkinkissesI finally found these little gems at Target today.  I snapped them up and immediately tore into them when I got to the car.  The result?

pumpkin4_Full

These things seriously tasted like up-dog.  Ugh.  I told my husband maybe they are good for baking, but they are not good for eating.  He found that amusing.

Speaking of pumpkin, I finally gave this another try:

starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latteEveryone in “blog-land”, and in “real-life-land” raves about the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.  I tried one last year, but I stupidly ordered it “iced” and immediately deposited the entire thing in the trash upon arriving to work. 

On Saturday when we were headed to the outlet mall I begged Shawn to stop at a Starbucks, so I could give this lovely fall creation a second chance.  The only Starbucks we could find was in a Kroeger and it just so happened that the barista looked like he just woke up from a week long bender.  So, that was already two strikes against said latte.  Then, I got the latte, and it was orange.  I should have expected this, but somehow it caught me by surprise.  Strike three.  Sorry guys and girls, the pumpkin spice latte will have to find a way to survive without me.  I am not a fan.

So, what about you?  Are you for pumpkin?

851pumpkin

13 comments:

Unknown said...

They are not good for baking either.They do not melt like the chocolate ones...not enough chocolate in them-you need to add nuts or a small amount of extra butter flavored shortening to bake with them.

Christa said...

I love pumpkin stuff too! I tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte a few weeks ago and I thought it was okay. I didn't think it was as great as everyone says but still pretty good. Hope your having a good week!

Sazzle said...

OMG - I love pumpkin like no other! I love the smell and usually buy a few pumpkin candles each year. Yes, I am a pumpkin spice latte fan myself...sorry Tami - I don't think you are trying it in the right place. However, the pumpkin spice coffee at Speedway is actually really good. You should give it a try. Oh, and add yourself as a follower of my blog.

Amber said...

I LOVE Pumpkin Spice Latte's!!! What is wrong with you people??? Pumpkin Cheesecake, pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Bread, YUMMY!!!!!!! Fall here we come!!!

JennyLee said...

Pumpkin pie served as our wedding cake so yes I love pumpkin. ;)

Jen said...

So sorry you don't like the pumpkin spice latte. I agree the pumpkin Hershy kisses are god awful and they leave a horrible after taste in your mouth.

There is a little something for you over at my blog!

Sazzle said...

http://picky-palate.com/2009/09/28/pumpkin-pie-swirled-brownie-tart/

Hillary said...

Fall is my favorite time of year for 2 reasons:

1. Our birthdays...obviously
2. All things pumpkin.

I have not tried the kisses, nor will I because I don't like any kisses. They taste like cheap waxing chocolate to me. I do on the other hand LOVE the latte, and mine are usually not orange. Go to a real starbucks where the baristas know what they are doing, and try one more...just one more.

Saturday at the farmers market we got a homemade pumpkin danish, and it was maybe the best thing I've ever tasted. In case you needed another reason to come visit, this is it!

Laura and Ryan said...

I love pumpkin...but by the end of November I've had enough. I can't wait to try to latte when I home next week!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Oh i love anything pumpkin! Especially pumpkin pie cake!! :D

I think the pumpkin spice latte taste better made with Soy.

katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katie said...

mmm. Just hearing about the pumpkin spice latte makes me want one! I only started liking them last year though.

might have to make a late-night run to starbucks!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

One of my favorite recipes is Paula Deans Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Cake...delicious!