Thursday, September 24, 2009

Burning question.

I have a question.  You know the ring around the top of a milk cap?  The one that you twist off to get the gallon of milk open?  Like this:Milk-Jug-RingWell, what do you do with that ring?  For 29 years (well, probably less because I don’t know when you start opening gallons of milk) I have done the same thing with the milk ring every time I open it.  However, my husband has a differing opinion on what happens with the ring after the milk is open.  This has become increasingly annoying, to the point of maybe we’re not even going to be allowed to have milk in the house anymore.  I need to settle this once and for all, so your cooperation in this study is greatly appreciated.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You throw it away when you open the jug for the first time--why is this even a question?(-:

Lauren said...

I think I just leave it on there...Unless it comes off then I throw it in the trash. I can't wait to hear what you and your husband do with them!

Amber said...

I have NEVER IN MY LIFE done anything with the ring, I leave it right where it is!!! I didn't know this was even a topic of debate! I am either REALLY stupid or Completely Normal:) Please enlighten me also!

Hillary said...

We used to pull it off because they were hands down, Purci's favorite toy. I'm willing to bet there are a hundred under the dishwasher of our old house.

Now, I think it stays on there.

Sazzle said...

One of 2 things:
1. Give it to a cat. Anyone that has ever had a cat (was that what Hillary was referencing?) knows that milk rings are a cat's favorite toy.
2. If there is no cat, you throw it away. Period. There is no reason for it to stay there. Trash.

Laura and Ryan said...

I just leave it on there...I actually have thought about it!

Jen said...

This made me laugh. Shawn and I always "argued" over this one. I always took them off and threw them away. Simply because I hated when you went to pour mild and the ring would fall into your glass. Shawn on the other hand left it on the jug of milk. It was probably the one thing we did not agree on.

Can't wait to find out what you all do with it.

Llama said...

HHAHAHA! I have always just left it on and thrown it away...the milk tops...ive saved tons for my classroom...but the rings...always throw out! I am so curious to know what you both do with them!