Sunday, September 20, 2009

I’m not a butt.

The other day Stephanie blogged about the song “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera.  She posted the lyrics, and at first I thought it was a poem, but then in her comments a few people spoke about what an awesome song it was.  I thought, song?  What song?  It was brought to my attention that it was indeed a song by Christina Aguilera. 

200px-03_-_Figther

How could I not know that?  I researched this song and at one point it was even #20 on Billboard’s top 100 list.  Seriously, am I really that lame?  The answer is yes.  Why?  Well, because the only station my car radio gets is XM 115.  I bet the only person reading this who knows that station is my equally lame (but even more nerdy) husband.  In case you couldn’t guess, the station is this:

20070117014049!Radio_Disney_Logo

Yes, I admit it.  Have you ever listened to this station?  The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Radio Disney is the DJs.  The DJs are the worst ever, they would probably qualify as more lame than my husband and I because they choose to work there.  They make me throw up in my mouth.  The second thing that comes to mind is “repetitive.”  That’s right, they play the same songs over and over until your ears bleed.  All that being said, some of the songs are super cool and I am a totally hip Mom for knowing them.  For reals.

Does anyone else like to rock out to:

miley-cyrus-party-in-the-usa-1 I love this song, it’s one of my current favorite songs…“So I put my hands up, they’re playing my song, and the butterflies fly away, noddin’ my head like yea, movin' my hips like yea…”  I heard Miley Cyrus is on tour right now, and I really want to see her.  (sigh) She’s probably already sold out though.

Ok, how about this one?

This song cracks me up!  Even funnier was last week on the way to school when I had a 4, 6, and 10 year old singing this in my car.  Hearing them sing about Jimmy Choo flip flops and pink Prada totes when they have no idea what that even is, is priceless.  I think it’s more of a theme song for me.  I definitely want all things fabulous!

This is one of my newer favs:

Ok, everyone knows that one, right?  Please say you do.  Come on, in August they got the “Fab-U-lous” award at the Teen Choice Awards.  I mean, that’s pretty much like a Grammy.

Oh, wait a minute!  I just had a revelation.  My car also gets one other station.  That would be XM Kids, channel 116. 

This is one of our favorite songs from there:

(I apologize for the poor video, it was all YouTube had…oh, and you’re going to want your volume way up for this one!)

Seriously, if you don’t know that one, you’re a total Butt.

P.S. This post is dedicated to Stephanie who says a blog about a wife and mother is boring.  I have clearly proven you wrong.

10 comments:

Sazzle said...

OMG!!! My sides hurt from laughing so hard. Hey, Fami - you are hilarious in my book! Thanks for the dedicated blog..tear...

RN Mama said...

Anytime Stephanie. "You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration...."! That's Chicago. Ya know, the band. I'm so hip.

Christa said...

Love your new header!! Too cute! And I LOVE that Miley Cyrus song too...I didn't know she sang it!

Hillary said...

I'm not even sure what to say other than WOW! You are probably the coolest mom ever because all we got to listen to in the car, while growing up was Linda Ronstadt with Aaron Neville and Kenny G.

As for your blog, "I don't know much, but I know I love you".

RN Mama said...

Hillary, because of your mom I remember thinking Kenny G was way cool. I told Shawn the other day I used to have a Kenny G CD and he almost filed for divorce.

And that may be all I need to know...

Wasn't that song in a movie? I feel like I might put that song on my iPod.

Laura and Ryan said...

I love the Miley Cyrus song! I sometimes put it on while I'm getting ready before work. Your picture at the top is too cute :)

Llama said...

I love Miley Cyrus! Too cute!

Unknown said...

I do feel like I am less "special" than the DJ of the Disney Channel...but it is even weirder that the woman who hosts the "afternoon drive" time on XM kids pretends to be like 14 and she is a 30 year old woman...now that is creepy...

P.S. I do enjoy some Miley Cyrus from time to time.

Lana said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I haven't heard that song by Miley Cyrus, but I love her song, "The Climb"! The lyrics are so true!

Jen said...

This post cracked me up!