Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Plaid is Rad.

It just so happens that I am a week behind on this post, but I figure, better late than never!  Alivia started school last Tuesday.  She is now a 1st grader at Assumption (of the Blessed Virgin Mary—seriously, could the name be any longer?) School in Belmont. 

DSC_0476

I did not go to Catholic school growing up, and I never planned for my kids to go to Catholic school, but it just worked out that way.  Alivia has gone to Assumption since preschool and I love, love, love this school! 

DSC_0484

Starting in 1st grade all the kids have to wear uniforms.  The girls in 1st thru 5th grade get to wear the lovely plaid.  I am not a fan of the plaid, but I am a fan of the uniforms!  Honestly, the skorts and jumpers aren’t that bad, but the plaid pants are dastardly!  Stay tuned this winter…if she ever wears the pants, I’ll be sure to post a picture.

DSC_0485

The following day, on Wednesday, Lainey had her first day of preschool.  She is in the 4 year old preschool, also at Assumption.  The 4 year old class is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings.  I am only working on Tuesdays and Thursdays now, so I’ll be able to take her everyday, yeah!  While she’s at preschool I plan on doing things like shopping, getting my nails done, and going to Starbucks, ha!  Actually that doesn’t sound like such a bad idea…

DSC_0534

DSC_0541

The class Lainey had last week was only an hour long (and I stayed the whole time), so tomorrow will be her first “real” day.  I’m anxious to see how dropping her off will go.  My sister, who has a daughter the same age as Lainey, said dropping her daughter off at preschool today was like trying to pry a 40 pound bear off of you!  My plan for tomorrow is to shove her in the door, and run for the nearest Starbucks!

starbucks1

Soooo…anyone up for coffee around 9:15 tomorrow morning?

7 comments:

Amber said...

I'm on my way!!! I'm planning on shoving mine out and running to Starbucks too:) See ya there!

RN Mama said...

Be there or be square Amber!

edahlstrom said...

first... they are sooooo cute! plaid and all! :)
second...many, i wish i could go to starbucks with you!!! maybe i can hire a sub?! lol!
third...lainey will love it, i'm sure! :) hope it goes smoothly!

RN Mama said...

Elizabeth, I think you should hire a sub! Do it! You need a break, you already taught for one whole day:)

Hillary said...

1. Plaid is totally Rad!
2. Nice use of the word "dastardly"
3. I would be at Starbucks tomorrow morning, but I'm totally square...sorry.

Jen said...

Yeah I will join you. I love Starbucks, probably more than I should.

Your little girls are adoorable. I think the plaid is cute. I've heard that plaid is the 'cool' thing for this winter.

I'll see ya for coffee in the morning :)

Christa said...

Your girls are adorable! I love the uniforms! I went to a private school growing up and I had to wear uniforms too! Oh how I remember the days wearing my plaid skirt to chapel! I did not see the interview! I am going to have to youtube it now! Hope your having a great week!