Thursday, February 11, 2010

For the love of 6th grade boys.

Does that title possibly sound a little preverted?  I think it might.  Just stick with me, I promise I’m not a kid touch-er.  Oh, and yes, I said preverted, not perverted.  Shawn always says preverted and it makes me giggle. 

So, do you remember this post when I mentioned the boys from Alivia’s school asking if I was an “aerobics instructor?”  A few of you commented that you thought the boys might have a crush on me.  I personally didn’t think that was the case.  I was thinking more along the lines that these boys thought Mrs. Roth should change up the morning sweat pant routine.

Well, you were right.  I was wrong.  And the truth shall set you free.  (or at least make your husband a little jealous!)

Both of the boys Mom’s are on the Home & School Committee (think PTA, but without the T) with me, and we had a meeting tonight.  As soon as I walked in Hayden’s Mom says “Oh, my son Hayden has such a crush on you!  He talks about you all the time.  He says how pretty you are, and he loves your hair.  It’s so cute!” 

I told her I kind of suspected it and mentioned the aerobics instructor conversation.  Then she told me Hayden was even telling her soon-to-be husband about me.  And then, she told me Hayden was also telling him about my husband.

This is where I became very interested.  She was laughing, and said she couldn’t remember exactly what he said, but his main point was “He’s just not who I would have put her with.”

The soon-to-be husband/step-dad then asked him what Shawn looked like and he came up with “tall and bald.”  Apparently step-dad didn’t see a problem with “tall and bald,” so he said “What do you mean?  Who would you have put her with?”

Are you ready?  Dear, sweet, baby-faced Hayden said he would put me with:

Patrick_Dempsey

Honestly, he’s not my type, but I probably wouldn’t kick him out of bed either.

To say Shawn was not impressed is an understatement.  I think I may have taken the flaunting of my crush a little too far.  Shawn told me I was old enough to be Hayden’s teenage Mom.  I did not appreciate that comment.

P.S.  The winner of the Girl Scout Cookies is comment #9, d.a.r!  Congratulations, you’ll get your Samoas and Thin Mints sometime towards the end of March.  Thanks to everyone else who entered too.  I think I’ll do another giveaway on my 100th post or when I get 100 followers, we’ll see!  Oh, and I realize there were 21 comments, but one silly girl commented twice!

random number

17 comments:

Laura and Ryan said...

I love it...I wouldn't kick him out of bed either! LOL

BTW- LOVE the new look of the blog!

Unknown said...

While I wouldn't feel bad losing out to Patrick Dempsey. I am a little freaked out that 6th grade boys are harshly judging me....I guess I'm going to have to go Billy Madison on them.

Amber said...

I was just trying to up my odds and pull the sympathy card unfortunately it didn't work:(

April said...

Haha, that's fantastic - what a cute little boy :) And what good taste! I love Patrick Dempsey.

Jen said...

Ha! That's great!!

While Patirick Dempsey isn't my taste either, I for sure wouldn't throw him out of my bed! Glad we think alike there too!!

Amy said...

I wouldn't kick Mcdreamy out of bed either!!!!

Congrats on your new M.I.L.F. status. (Uh, is that too weird and vulgur...sorry. It's Friday and my brain is fried.)

Have a great weekend, love:)

Sara McCarty said...

That is so funny! I'd definitely take myself a little McDreamy. :)

Christa said...

Ha! Too funny! Love McDreamy! And I LOVE your new blog makeover...it looks great!

Hillary said...

Did I post twice? It was probably me.

Dude everyone, black people, white people, young and old totally heart your hair.

I heart it too. I need a haircut.

d.a.r. said...

Hahaha, that is a riot!!!

And thank you thank you thank you thank you for the cookies!! This has been such a crappy week, and this really put a big ol smile on my face!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Ha! What a great story! And what a sweet little boy! That definitely would have made MY day!!

I'm new to your blog and I think it's just BEAUTIFUL and fun! I'll definitely be back! I'm your newest follower!

Nishant said...

.it looks great!

Domain registration india

Anonymous said...

And my hubby's competition is Johnny Depp, they are just going to have to deal with it!

"Prevertered" - lol. My hubby says "suffercate", because, you know, when you suffocate, naturally, you suffer. ha

Stephanie said...

LOL Just found you through Theta Mom. Love the way you write and your blog is so cute.
PS I wouldn't kick hime out of bed either!

Sazzle said...

You prevert! :)

Love it!

Llama said...

HAHA! That is just priceless. What a funny kid!
I CAN'T believe i missed the girl scout cookie give away!!! URGGGGHHH!!!

Corrie and Phil said...

I called it! After teaching middle school for five years, I knew those boys must have a crush on you. Yes, it's sad that I can understand the minds of teenage boys. Hope that doesn't make me a prevert.

Laughed out loud more than one in that post. Thanks!