Thursday, April 8, 2010

Are you there God? It's me, Shawn.

Do you remember my two posts where Shawn was bitter about my money from the Boob God's and my other freebies? I think I mentioned in those posts that maybe if he prayed hard enough, something fabulous would come to him to.

Well. That was a mistake.

A few weeks ago, I sat at my computer enjoying my coffee while my daughter’s were enjoying their half day of school by playing princesses, when I got this email from Shawn:

“You know how you were saying that if I prayed hard enough…something might fall in my lap? Well, I kinda feel like this did.”

And then, there was a link. Crap. I was afraid to click it. I knew it was either going to be a car or something nerdy. Whatever it was, it had better be free, because that stuff I got was free. If it’s not free, I’m calling shenanigans. Who am I kidding? If it was free, he wouldn’t be emailing me.

So, I clicked:

pt7031

What is that you ask? Hell, I don’t know. A good deal is what Shawn claimed it to be. Allegedly it was originally $600, and was now “$99.95 with free shipping!”

So, being the good wife that I am I wrote back:

“Honey, of course you can buy that black box. It seems like a fabulous deal, and I’m sure whatever it is, we can definitely use it!”

What? You don’t think I said that? Ok, fine. Here’s how it really went down:

“Fine. You can buy that thing, if you promise to keep your pie hole shut about getting a new car.” And bring me a bottle of wine on your way home from work!

P.S. Don’t forget to scroll down and ask a question to enter my giveaway! You only have until Saturday!

23 comments:

Tracie said...

Hey, whatever it is, it's cheaper than a new car.

What is it, btw?

Hillary said...

At least he didn't decide he wanted this when it was 600 bucks!!!

Is that a sound bar?

Natalie said...

WTH is it? My hubs complains about how he never goes shopping or gets stuff he needs, but the 4 year old has more Barbies than Matel.

And as far as boobs getting you free stuff... most of the time he's pretty good about teh attention my 36D's bring him. Take for instance, a past canoe trip. 3/4 down the river, he ran out of beer. What did he do? Sent me over to other boats of men to show my goodies in exchange for beer.

Taylor-Made Wife said...

I really don't get what it is. I'm the bitch that always tells the hubs that what he wants isn't something we need to spend our money...BUT, I was proud of myself because I promised him a new TV for our bedroom for his birthday...apparently the one we have now is to tiny. bah

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

Wow looks super exciting...if I knew what it was. What is it? Really I am curious now.
But I don't really think that is more exciting than say a new purse or pair of shoes.

Melissa said...

That does sound like a great deal - but what is it?

Amy Lynn said...

I'm with everyone else... what the heck is that thing?????

He sounds like my boy - if it's a bargain, he can't pass it up! So, that's what I tell him when he looks at me funny every time a bag shows up from VS. "But honey, it was a bargain!" :)

Cara Smith said...

At least he waited for it to go on super sale.

My husband would want to buy what ever it is full price.

Shell said...

WHAT the heck is that thing???

Sara McCarty said...

What is it??

I tend to let my husband buy whatever he wants because I do NOT want to hear him ever complain about anything I buy!! And boy would he ever!! If he only knew...

Jen said...

C'mon girl, you have to ask him what the heck it is! Something computer related? It's not one of the new Xbox or Nintendo things is it?? Oh I give up. You'll just need to ask him and tell us ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMG Tyler loves a deal. The man gets giddy and drives me nuts especially if we don't need whatever he wants.

BTW, what is it???

If it is a sound bar, Tyler got one and it worked, but scared the crap out of Jack our dog and we had to give it away.

He bought it when he was on the hunt for a new TV and he was all drooly over his "deal."

Yankee Girl said...

I am with everyone else. What the hell is that? And it was really $600?

Now technically you can buy something for yourself for $99!

LWLH said...

Big Man always says he finds a 'deal'...I call bullshit, but I don't know enough about the crap he gets so I just let it go! :)

Sazzle said...

what the hell is that thing? ...and I wish the boob money would come my way

Meghan said...

I am dying to know what it is!!! Too funny!

JennyLee said...

What is it??? CD changer? lol

Jessica said...

So...did he really buy this random black "thing"? And...what the HECK is it?

Laura and Ryan said...

Ok, dying to know what it is! It looks like maybe a scanner? Hey, if my hubby brings me a bottle of wine home...he can buy whatever he wants..withing reason of course!

Llama said...

AWWW! Go Shawn! Glad he finally gets something too! Poor thing! lol!

Llama said...

p.s.
on sale AND Mommy approved!

Unknown said...

yeah, you can't leave us hanging. what IS that thing?

Leah said...

Hahaha! So did he get it?