Monday, May 31, 2010

Our weekend, in pictures.

Except for today, we had a beautiful Memorial Day weekend here in Michigan!  We were busy all weekend, starting Friday night with the Lifehouse/Daughtry concert:

We ate dinner at The Green Well, which is in the “Eastown” area of Grand Rapids.  The food was pretty good, but the service was only so-so.  Don’t worry though, I didn’t fire anyone this time!

DSC_0201

This neat building was behind the restaurant:

DSC_0202

The writing on the top of the building said “Blodgett Home for Children,” but I’m sure that’s not what it is anymore.  Shawn was fairly certain it was haunted!

Next we went to Sanchez for a Sangria, and then onto the concert.  The first band that played was “Cavo,” and I hated on them the whole time.  They had this wimpy guitar player with greasy hair who kept swinging it around like he was a total rock star:

DSC_0206

Lifehouse was next, and they were very good, but more heavy metal than I thought they would be.  Their lead singer is totally hot, and if I had known that I would have definitely put him on my list of people to knock boots with!

DSC_0215

Finally my boyfriend Chris Daughtry came out.  He did not disappoint in hotness or in his performance!  My only complaint is that they too were more heavy metal than I thought they would be.  My ears were still ringing when I went to bed on Friday night!

DSC_0230

The girls were “camping” with my parents Friday and Saturday night.  I use the term “camping” loosely because with everything going on with my Grandma, they cancelled their camping reservation, and instead camped in the yard at their house.  They still had smores, a boat ride, and lots of swimming, so they really didn’t miss much!  With the girls being gone, Shawn and I decided to head to the beach on Saturday:

DSC_0255

DSC_0253

DSC_0264

DSC_0261

DSC_0267

Sunday afternoon we picked the girls up, and went to see my Grandma at her new place.  I wouldn’t say she likes it, but she seems to be doing well.  Unfortunately, there are quite a few confused people there, including her roommate.

As soon as we walked in the room on Sunday, her roommate started cussing me out telling me they told her my Grandma would only be there for one night, and it had already been one night!  Nobody messes with me or my Grandma, so I told her there were two beds in that room, and my Grandma was paying for one of them.  To which she responded “Well, I’m paying for that bed too, so I guess they’re gettin’ double for that one!”  By that time my Grandma was getting pissed so she told the lady to “Hush Up!” and then we got outta there as fast as we could!

On a confused-old-person related note, when we were in the sitting room I saw an old man who used to go to my parent’s church.  I didn’t talk to him, and he just sat there staring at us, so I figured he was looney tunes.  Well, later my Mom told me she went up to him and said “Hi Mr. So-and-So, do you remember me?  We used to go to your church.”  I’m not sure if he remembered her or not, but she said he took one look at her and started jacking off! 

Anypervert.  This morning Lainey informed us that today was a holiday, so we had to do something special.  Ok?  Well, it rained off and on all day, so doing anything outside was a bust.  Luckily, this morning I remembered a flyer that came home from school about kids being able to bowl 2 games for free everyday all summer long…perfect!  I checked out the website, and signed us up!  For $24.95, I was also able to sign 4 adults up!  Oh, and I got a $50 restaurant.com gift card for buying the adult membership!  Score, score, and score!

This was Lainey’s first time bowling, and she loved it!

DSC_0273        (In case you’re wondering, her shirt says “Future Mrs. Bieber.”  Barf!  Shawn found them at Wally-Mart, and insisted we buy them!)

We already had bumpers in the lane, but they also gave the girls this little ramp to roll their balls from:

DSC_0274

Shawn is all hardcore and everything:

DSC_0277

I was just there for the Nachos and comic relief:

 DSC_0280

After bowling we went to price a new garage door…um, who knew those things were so expensive?  If I find the douche bag who ran into ours and broke it I think I might throw that bowling ball through their windshield!

On another note, this is the last week of school, woohoo!  Schools out, schools out, teacher let the monkeys out…

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend!

32 comments:

Corrie and Phil said...

The Bieber shirt was just too much! I can't believe you didn't draw the line with that one.

We ate at The Green Well the last time we were in G.R., and we had terrific service. It helped that we were with Phil's brother and wife...who are good friends with the owners. It's not what you know...

Tyly said...

As always, your posts never disappoint! They are always so entertaining! Glad you had a great weekend. :)

And thanks - now I can't shake the image of an old pervert taking care of business... ick.

Tracie said...

Look at you rockin' that bikini! When you hang out in assisted living facilities or nursing homes a lot you see/hear all kinds of crazy. I worked in them for 5 years and wish I could remember everything for blog topics.

Hillary said...

What a great weekend! I had heard about the "campout" because Simone got invited to the water park fun Saturday afternoon.

Are you guys going to take up bowling as a serious hobby/sport now? I can see you in a polyester league shirt already!!!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

What a fun, fun weekend! I am so jealous that you're able to lay on the beach in the sun! It is pouring down rain here and damp and chilly :-( Boo!

Your girls are too cute!

Mrs. S said...

awesome weekend

look at you in the bikini!

TILTE said...

look at you in your bikini, you little minx. don't expect to catch pix of me like that on my blog.

to the old dude taking himself to the boneyard: fucking baaaarf.

Lindsey said...

Nursing homes can be a bit intimidating, but you always come back with some good stories. One time in high school a friend and I went to read to people at a nursing home and one minute this lady was screaming at us "get out! get out!" And seriously a minute later she was saying "it was so nice of you girls to come."
You look so cute bowling and at the beach!

Amanda M. said...

We didn't get to the beach this weekend and I am SO sad. :( Is that Lake MI I spy in the pics? I think you live like directly across the lake from me. :) Looks like a fab weekend!!!

Jessica said...

Oh, girl! I love, love, love your beach pictures and it soooooo makes me want to go to the beach!

P.S. You are lookin hooootttttttt in your bikini! :)

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

Love it...as always you had me laughing. Love the bikini, sounds like a fabulous weekend.
I know the looney's can be a tad weird to put it nicely but it is sad too. I don't think anyone ever really wants to be like that.

Meghan said...

You are one smokin' mama! It looks like you had the most incredible weekend! I've always loved Michigan in the summer!

And that Bieber shirt is way too much! I love that it was your husband's idea...

Anonymous said...

You are just such a doll!!!! What a fun weekend you had. My grandma was in a home for 3 years so I hear ya.

Christa said...

You are smokin' in that bikini! I love Chris Daughtry! Haha I hate Justin Bieber...but I'm sure if I was a teenager I would LOVE him!

Glad you had such a fun weekend!!

Nikosmommy said...

What a fantastic weekend, and the weather was so great you could head to the beach. Apparently I'm jealous now....
(and how cute are you in your lil bikini!! One hot Mama!)

Jane said...

Hottie!

And I love that you're wearing pearls with bowling shoes.

AussieMumma said...

Whatever, you have so NOT had 2 children! Look at you in that bikini! :)

Liz Mays said...

Your weekend was amazing and you are so pretty and in shape!!!

I feel as if I'm just finding out you're a fellow Michigander. I'm down on the lake!

Juliana said...

Tammy, what a great weekend! You look incredible in your bikini! Where did you get it? I love the toes picture too! I miss the beach/lake:)

Unknown said...

the tee shirt is FAB!

my gals love bowling, too. we probably take them once a month, though it's usually a daddy and daughter activity only and when I enjoy some much-needed alone time!

Amy Lynn said...

What a great idea taking the kids bowling! And a bargain too! WOOT!

Maybe you should think about giving grandma a bowling ball to throw at the b*tches and pervs in her new home! lol

ty said...

saw daughtry last year for a wal-mart shareholders concert, and he was GREAT.

and ps, kick that old pervo's ass. geez.

Cara Smith said...

I want to go to the beach. Let me re-phrase that. I want to go to a pretty beach. Galveston is only 30 minutes from my house, but it doesn't look like that!

Justin Bieber - my ears are bleeding.

Yankee Girl said...

That day at the beach looked amazing! I didn't make it to the beach this weekend but I was able to do some swimming which always makes me happy!

LWLH said...

What a fun weekend for you, Shawn and he girls.

That Beiber shirt is hilarious, Lainey the little Beiber groupie! :) Love it.

Sazzle said...

I should know better... I'm calmly reading about your weekend...beach, the girls, dadadada...reading the part about your grandma, guessing that the guy did recognize you...taking a drink of water...

...thanks for making be cough up water -- scared niko and I think it went up my nose :)

another fun post tami!

MrsDixon said...

Helllo hotness! You look so great in your teeny bikini!! Loving your weekend pics!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the amazing weekend...Love you...

Haddock said...

Like that one....relaxing at the beach.
And the pier.

Melissa said...

First off, you have one awesome body!

And secondly, the Bieber shirts are awful... sorry... they are. Although, Hayden's haircut looks like Justin Bieber. It's sad but true.

Amy said...

Lifehouse boy=Yummy!!!!

sanjeet said...

What a great weekend!
PPC Advertising India