First things first. Shawn’s car? Garbage. The mechanic said it would cost $1000+ to fix it. Honestly, I’m not surprised the car took a shit. For some reason, Shawn decided 3 years ago that he hated that car and wasn’t going to take care of it anymore. So, he didn’t. Oh, and he will totally admit to this, I’m not even throwing him under the bus on this one!
Did I ever tell you about the time I had to drive it to work because my car was having work done on it? I got in the car to leave for work, and when I went to move the seat up it wouldn’t budge. This presented a problem given the fact that Shawn is 6’3” and I am 5’4”. I blew the horn to get his attention, and asked him to help me. He looked at me and said “Oh, the seat’s broken.” I told him I could not reach the gas pedal, and asked him what I should do. He shrugged his shoulders and offered nothing. At that point, I flipped him off, he flipped me off, and I peeled out. Oh, and I drove the whole 40 miles to work using my big toe to accelerate. If that’s not safe, I don’t know what is.
Back to my original point. For 3 days we’ve been looking for a new (used) car for him. This has literally taken years off my life. Not to mention, it has prevented me from blogging (and commenting) and training for my duathlon next weekend. It really hasn’t been my week people. So, what better way to end it than with:
The prompt I am choosing this week is to write a list of 5 things that made me really happy this week. In honor of Father’s Day on Sunday, each item on the list will relate to one of the men in my life, who are all Fathers. Does that make sense? Well, whatever. Here we go:
1. My Dad: On Monday he and my Mom brought over a whole load of mulch for our yard!
2. My Dad: Tuesday night he dropped everything he was doing to come over and tow Shawn’s car home for us. I realized later that night that it was my parent’s anniversary that day, and he missed eating dinner with my Mom to help us!
3. My Brother: He also drove up to help Shawn and my Dad push Shawn’s car onto the trailer to tow it.
4. Shawn: When I asked him how the day his ex-wife cheated on him was not the worst day of his life, he said “That turned out to be one of the best days of my life, because then I was able to meet you!”
and last, but not least…
5. This picture I found of Shawn (and Alivia) when he first became a Father:
P.S. If you’d like to play along with Feel Good Friday, click on over to The Girl Next Door and link up!