Friday, June 18, 2010

Father’s Day Feel Good Friday

First things first.  Shawn’s car?  Garbage.  The mechanic said it would cost $1000+ to fix it.  Honestly, I’m not surprised the car took a shit.  For some reason, Shawn decided 3 years ago that he hated that car and wasn’t going to take care of it anymore.  So, he didn’t.  Oh, and he will totally admit to this, I’m not even throwing him under the bus on this one!

Did I ever tell you about the time I had to drive it to work because my car was having work done on it?  I got in the car to leave for work, and when I went to move the seat up it wouldn’t budge.  This presented a problem given the fact that Shawn is 6’3” and I am 5’4”.  I blew the horn to get his attention, and asked him to help me.  He looked at me and said “Oh, the seat’s broken.”  I told him I could not reach the gas pedal, and asked him what I should do.  He shrugged his shoulders and offered nothing.  At that point, I flipped him off, he flipped me off, and I peeled out.  Oh, and I drove the whole 40 miles to work using my big toe to accelerate.  If that’s not safe, I don’t know what is.

Back to my original point.  For 3 days we’ve been looking for a new (used) car for him.  This has literally taken years off my life.  Not to mention, it has prevented me from blogging (and commenting) and training for my duathlon next weekend.  It really hasn’t been my week people.  So, what better way to end it than with:

logo3-larger-1

The prompt I am choosing this week is to write a list of 5 things that made me really happy this week.  In honor of Father’s Day on Sunday, each item on the list will relate to one of the men in my life, who are all Fathers.  Does that make sense?  Well, whatever.  Here we go:

1.  My Dad:  On Monday he and my Mom brought over a whole load of mulch for our yard!

2.  My Dad:  Tuesday night he dropped everything he was doing to come over and tow Shawn’s car home for us.  I realized later that night that it was my parent’s anniversary that day, and he missed eating dinner with my Mom to help us!

3.  My Brother:  He also drove up to help Shawn and my Dad push Shawn’s car onto the trailer to tow it. 

4.  Shawn:  When I asked him how the day his ex-wife cheated on him was not the worst day of his life, he said “That turned out to be one of the best days of my life, because then I was able to meet you!”

and last, but not least…

5.  This picture I found of Shawn (and Alivia) when he first became a Father:

100_0127

P.S. If you’d like to play along with Feel Good Friday, click on over to The Girl Next Door and link up!

24 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Oooh, yeah - shopping for a new (used) car stinks! It will totally take years off of your life!

Melissa said...

Aw that is sweetness... and Shawn did give you a good answer to his wackadoo response regarding the fact that the worst day of his life was not when his ex-wife cheated on him.

Ian said...

When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not.

April said...

Aww :) Nice save from Shawn after his "This is the worst day of my life!" drama...

Sounds like you have some pretty awesome guys in your life.

Hillary said...

1.The whole flipping off scene is pretty frickin' funny!

2.Very sweet list regarding fathers. You do have some pretty great men in your life.

3.Look at Shawn's hair in that picture!!! He looks so young!!!

Taylor-Made Wife said...

A-you guys are just like me and Austin. Its like looking in a mirror everytime I read a post.

B- I think its so sweet that he turned a horrible thing like a shitty ex wife into being happy for getting to meet you. Good boy Shawn, good boy.

Amanda M. said...

Oh that last pic is SO sweet.

Corrie and Phil said...

What a great picture!

I understand the stress of car shopping. We spent the past few weeks in the thick of it. We did over six different test drives with a 22-month-old...in over 100 degree heat and humidity. Phil had to transfer the car seat back and forth every time, and we were covered in sweat for days. Loved it!

Hope your car search ends well!

Yellow House Knits said...

How great to have such strong men in your life! Have a great weekend!

Kmama said...

I am finally, FINALLY over here visiting. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here. I had surgery (minor...but it still took a while) so I'm blaming my tardiness on that.

Feel good Friday is a good idea!! I hope you have a nice weekend!

Anne said...

Stopping over from FGF! Searching for a car is never easy--hope all goes well! Happy Friday!!

Drew's Mom said...

Aww... love that picture! and how he explained the cheating ex not being the worst day ever... way to go Shawn! Good luck with the new car.

Liz Mays said...

Well, darned if that drama queen didn't turn things around and make it all sweet and sappy! Excellent!

Angelia Sims said...

Hilarious comment about the car shopping taking years off your life! (so true!)

Love the picture and all your Dad shout outs. That IS a great way to end the week feeling good.

Happy Feel Good Friday!

Sara McCarty said...

Hahaha! I love that you can go from pummeling your hubby to praising him. Aren't husband great for that?! I do the same thing to mine! They're just too easy to make fun of!

Jennifer said...

I left you an award on my blog :)

Amy said...

OMG! That picture is yummy!!!

And how ABSOLUTELY wonderful is your daddy?! Missing his anniversary dinner for you:( So sweet!

Monique said...

Your post is so sweet. Love your blog title!

Unknown said...

I hate shopping for cars, but it looks like you turned lemons into lemonade, lady!

:-)

Laura and Ryan said...

Awww...what a sweet dad you have! Doesn't it make you pray for the guy your girls end up with?

Amy Lynn said...

LOL! Love that story.... Even though I've heard it before :) and #4 is pretty sweet and might have made me go "awwwww".

LWLH said...

I despise car shopping....good luck!

What an adorable pic, Happy Father's Day to them all.

Cara Smith said...

Awwww! Your 5 things are so sweet!

We are looking for a new (used) car too. I feel your pain.

Jessica said...

We're spoiled with a company car; husband's employer takes care of insurance, maintenance, everything but the gas. Don't know what we're going to do if he ever leaves that company and I actually have to be responsible for my own vehicle.