Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend Update

We had a somewhat busy, but fun, weekend!  On Saturday I took the girls for a haircut in the morning, and as you will see in the pictures, Alivia is working on growing her bangs out again.  The jury is still out…my Mom thinks it’s cute, but I am not a fan of it!  Unfortunately, I think she might be old enough to decide how she wants her hair, so I’m going to give it a chance.

Saturday afternoon I went on a 15 mile bike ride, all by myself!  Pure Bliss!  Well, except I haven’t been riding lately, just spinning, so my ass is a little sore today!  Here are a couple pictures I took with my camera phone on the ride:

IMG_20101009_143649

You can’t tell from this picture, but in some areas the leaves were totally covering the bike trail:

IMG_20101009_143431

Quick story…  After my ride I stopped into Rite Aid for something.  When I first pulled in, I sat in my car for a few minutes because I was eating an apple.  I noticed there were some Boy Scouts at the front entrance to the store pimping their popcorn, but by the time I went into the store they were packing up.  However, one of the little boys says to me “Hey, we were selling popcorn.”  “Oh yeah?” I say, “Did you sell a lot?”  “Yes, we did!  But, we still have more left!” he tells me while looking at his Dad.  The Dad then looks me up and down and totally snubs me!  Apparently, they don’t sell to chicks wearing spandex bike shorts and a bandana on their head!

Would you believe I went back to the same store today wearing regular clothes and with my hair done, and the Dad totally tried to sell me some?!  I wanted to go all Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman on his ass, but I didn’t.

Anyloser.  Today we took the girls to Klackle Farms, and it was a great time had by all!  I have to admit though, it was a little too hot for my liking.  Did I actually just type that?  Enjoy the pictures!

The girls posing with the pumpkins near the entrance:

DSC_0309

Who wants to ride a camel?

DSC_0314

(When I posted this picture on Facebook, one of my friends pointed out that the guy in the black looks like he’s checking out my butt!  Creeper!)

Can you see the look on my face in this one?

DSC_0316

Are we having fun yet?

DSC_0318

Alivia on the hayride to pick apples:

DSC_0323

Picking apples…

DSC_0327

DSC_0328

DSC_0330

Look at all those pumpkins!

DSC_0332

Running thru the corn maze:

DSC_0336

Face painting…

Michigan!

DSC_0347

Michigan State?

DSC_0350

The girls always love the petting zoo:

DSC_0355

Before we left the girls picked out their pumpkins, and we took one last picture:
DSC_0357

38 comments:

Hillary said...

You should have totally bought a bunch of PopSecret at Rite Aid, and then on your way out shoved it in that dad's face, "Big Mistake, Huge" (or whatever J.R.'s quote was).

I'm kind of liking A-Lo's no-bang look especially in the face painting picture. However, somebody needs to tell her that having that S painted on her face was a total waste of paint. She should have sported the ND if you ask me!

And OMFG, I CANNOT believe you rode a camel!

MommyLovesStilettos said...

He's totally checking out your ass!! LOL

I think her bangs are cute!! :)

Sazzle said...

Hillary had the best comment ever! "Big Mistake ... HUGE!" I would have paid money to watch you walk out w/ popcorn in hand.

I love the no-bangs --- and I do NOT agree with Hillary on this one. The MSU paint totally rocks!

Kelsey Claire said...

I am so jealous that your trees are already changing colors. I don't think with this 80 degree weather ours will ever change! Love the pumpkin patch pics. Your girls are so beautiful!

Mrs. Pick said...

Looks like a great weekend! I love all of the pics from the pumpkin patch! Picking pumpkins has to be one of the best parts of the fall!

Cristy said...

Aw sounds like a fun little weekend!

how dare the boy scouts give you that kind of attitude. Maybe the Dad was just acting rude to try his best not to check out your butt like creeper on the camel ride did.

Christa said...

I wish the leaves changed colors here in TX! I bet it would be beautiful! Loved the pumpkin patch pictures!

JoAnna said...

Ummm, a camel? Were you picking pumpkins and apples in Afghanistan? Why would someone offer camel rides at a farm in your neck of the woods? I think that's really weird.

But I enjoyed the rest of your post.

Kellie said...

I don't know...it's hard to tell if he's checking out your but, or the camel's...

Erin said...

what an amazing place to bike!!! Love all the pictures looks like a fun time at the orchard.

it has been a little too hot here for my liking as well. 80 degrees on October is not cool. I want the nice fall weather!

Matty said...

I love going out for a bike ride by myself. Great exercise and quiet time.

And those farms are great places for families with children at this time of year. Look at you in control of that thing. LOL

Great looking family.

Tyly said...

What beautiful pictures! Your girls are GORGEOUS, and you are too!!!

Claire said...

Great pictures!! Looks like you had such a great day!! So funny about the popcorn Dad - and yes, the Pretty Woman comment would have been kick ass!

LWLH said...

I agree....checking out your ass, check!

Love all the pictures. Looks like you guys had fun and I agree with your Mama, I like Alivia's new look.

Liz Mays said...

I say Michigan State, seeing as how they won this weekend!

I can't believe boy scout dad even gives a rip who buys his popcorn. Just sell the overpriced crap!

Sandra said...

Very cute post! Love the pics...and yes, the dude does look like he's checking you out. Well good then! You are after all 29 and holding (Great blog name!)
Your girls are beautiful.
The camel ride...well, you're a good sport :)

Heidi said...

Love the second picture of Lainey on Shawn's shoulders. His face is totally in the tree!
Looks like fun.

Melissa said...

Awesome pictures. It looks like y'all had a great time. The girls look beautiful. They are so freaking cute!

ty said...

I LOVE THE PUMPKIN PATCH!

Unknown said...

great pictures! I love hillary's comment. And seriously. You rode a camel? He must have stunk by the looks of your face.

Aimee said...

Wow thats a long bike ride. I admire your athleticism. And yes you totally should have gone all Julia Roberts on him. What an ASS

Looks like the girls had a lot of fun at the pumpkin patch. Fun times. And I want to ride a camel!

The Random Blogette said...

Yes he is totally checking out your ass. Also I wish that I didn't live 3 hours away from that place or I would've so been there. We went to BJ's Pumpkin patch on Saturday with my in-laws. It is a small place with a corn maze and a hayride to pick your own pumpkins but it was still awesome. I have lots of pictures to post soon. Peanut and I went and got haircuts on Saturday too. We both got our hair chopped and I debated about letting her grow her bangs out but I am not ready to deal with that yet! Alivia looks cute growing out her bangs! She has a nice forehead for it!

Corrie and Phil said...

I like the grown out bangs look. Very cute!

We tried going for a family bike ride this weekend. After ten minutes, I had to turn around because I was having too many contractions. I suppose it wasn't a good idea to pick up an activity that I haven't done for months while 8+ months pregnant.

Anonymous said...

You TOTALLY should have told the guy that yesterday you would have bought everything he had left! Jerk!

I love the pics!!! We are going this weekend so I hope the weather holds. It is gorgeous here in MN, but Sarah has been sick :-(

Amanda M. said...

You have SUCH a beautiful family. And also I think you should maybe have gone all Pretty Woman on the popcorn dad. Just sayin'.

Meghan said...

Umm, camels at the pumpkin patch? How random!

And that popcorn story just drives me bonkers. Seriously, what is wrong with people???

Jen said...

Cute pics! I think we are all going to a pumpkin farm later this week.

Oh by the way where did you get those jeans? They are way cute! Not like they will look all that great on me, but figured I would maybe try them out.

Stacie Jean said...

Love it! Ugh! Wasn't it SO freakin' hot in the Midwest this weekend? Totally did not feel like fall. Cute pictures with the girls :) I for one hate to say it but I think the no bang look is cute and cutely styled with the barrette.

Anonymous said...

wwooott!! camel riding... it just looks painful!! lol

Sara McCarty said...

Wow, your girls are just precious. What a fun weekend!

Amy said...

Alivia looks so pretty in that hay ride picture. What a great thing to have in your area...our pumpkin patch is NOWHERE near that cool!

Crystal said...

What a great family pic! It looks like so much fun. Honestly, girl, bask in your mommy-hotness! Let 'em look!

Crystal
http://survivingandthrivinginmom-dom.blogspot.com

TILTE said...

wow, your girls are getting prettier and prettier with every picture you post. good job, mom and dad.

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great weekend!! Love your family picture. So Cute!!!

Taylor-Made Wife said...

Don't get all pissy and call me a traitor, but I like Alivia's hair. I love the camel pictures, there were so many camel toe jokes flooding in my head al at once!

{Kimber} said...

dude...your pumpkin patch is AWESOME!!!! ours kinda blows :(

AiringMyLaundry said...

Cute photos!

And a 15 MILE bike ride? I'd have died.

Anonymous said...

15 miles?! Omg you're my hero!

Any man who doesn't sell popcorn to a hot chick in spandex--I question. That was totally a pretty woman moment!!

Loved that you all rode a camel. That's takin one for the team!