Friday, January 28, 2011

Feel Good Friday brought to you by ME!


Last week Erika asked me to host Feel Good Friday for her today, and of course I had to say yes!  I'm a little disappointed in myself for not letting you know ahead of time, but hopefully some of you will still link up.  If you're not familiar with FGF, click here to get the low down, then write your post and link of bitches!

Today my "feel good" is about something that someone else did for me a few weeks ago.

Periodically if I write a blog post which I think is amazeballs, I will link to it on my Facebook page.  I don't do that a lot because I honestly try to keep the number of family and friends who read my blog to a minimum.  As far as I know my own Mom still can't find my (as she calls it) "blah-g."  This is a good thing, because I'm not sure she would find humor in some of the things I've written.  For example, the time I posted about her getting a fart trapped in her pantyhose.

Anyfart.  My point is I have gained a few readers by posting on Facebook, and two of those people are Eric and Sarah.  Eric is a guy I graduated from high school with, who incidentally used to make fun of my friends and I.  Sarah is Eric's neighbor who friended me on Facebook after she saw me commenting on Eric's status.  Even though Sarah and Eric live in the same town as me, they are what my husband would call my "imaginary (internet) friends."  Until now.

When I posted on here about being in hospital, Sarah and Eric both immediately emailed me on Facebook to check on me.  Sarah even asked if there was anything she could do to help me.  That alone made me feel good.  But, then a week later Sarah emailed me saying she and Eric had bought me something, sort of a Get Well present.  She said she would drop it off later in the week.  That week on Thursday, I was having another bad day and ended up staying home from work.  When I finally stumbled out of bed that afternoon I found a surprise waiting for me on my porch.

What was it?  3 boxes of Keurig coffee!  My imaginary friends brought me 3 boxes of Keurig coffee!  If that doesn't make you feel good, I don't know what does!  So, thank you Eric and Sarah for the coffee and for being faithful readers (even if you never comment).          



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Tami!

Those are some great friends you have!

Eric said...

Hey, I made the blog and it wasn't for some dumb shit I did! I'm glad we could bring a smile to your face.

There, I commented. Now I'm going back into seclusion.

Melanie said...

I'm ready to link, but the link seems to be broken!

Melanie said...

Never mind! I got it to work!

Thanks for hosting : )

Anonymous said...

Yeah for good friends! Even if they are imaginary. :)

Hillary said...

Those are great imaginary friends! Who knew such classy people lived in the HC?!?! For real, great FGF!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tami for hosting and helping Erika.
That's great, I love the imaginary friends. Nice to meet Eric out of seclusion. Maybe Sarah, (love that name) will join us too.

Just Add Walter said...

I keep finding out IRL friends that know about my blog and it honestly kind of creeps me out -- Even though my first AND last name is posted on my blog, I still don't want everyone knowing who I am

dollycas aka Lori said...

I have met some of the best people because of my "blah-g." I am glad some of your internet friends became your real friends. What a great FGF!!!

Dollycas

Anonymous said...

I love my internet friends. I am actually best buds with one and met up with her a few times (she lives about two hours from me) and it's great.

I linked up. Thanks for hosting this week!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great imaginary friends you have! Hope you're feeling better, and enjoy your coffee!!

Anonymous said...

Hey now, I am not imaginary, I just don't have a blog, so I never comment lol! I know I know, I need to work on making one! Anyway..we are VERY glad we put a smile on your face, what are friends for! :)
Enjoy the coffee!!

SARAH

Christa said...

Thank you so much for the comment earlier! :) You have some good friends!!

I literally LOL when I read the fart/pantyhose part of your post!

You crack me up!!!

MommyLovesStilettos said...

AW that's sweet! :)

Unknown said...

Thats too cool Ya the hubs thinks i'm crazy when i refer to people online as my friends lol whatev its a world he will never understand happy Friday thanks for hosting!

Llama said...

That is so incredibly sweet! You are surrounded by even more wonderful people than you know!!:)

JoAnna said...

Wow, 3 boxes. That's some serious niceness going on over there. We too love the Keurig. Now it's a never ending quest to see where we can get the cheapest k-cups. Never. Ending.

Anonymous said...

Awww! That was super sweet of them! Wanna share them with me?

I didn't know you were in the hospital. I'm so out of the loop..off to investigate. Smooches.

Meghan said...

Aww! That is so thoughtful! Lord knows I would marry the next person who sent me boxes of coffee!

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

Aww! That's awesome! Isn't Facebook sweet like that?