It’s been almost 2 weeks since my last post, yikes! Since people are starting to email me to make sure I’m alive, I figured I better drop by and say Hi! I’m not intentionally taking a break from blogging, but since I’m still not feeling well, I really don’t have a lot to say. I know, can you believe that?
But, to amuse you (and myself), here are some randoms from the last 2 weeks:
- Last Saturday Alivia made her First Reconciliation. After she did her confession she told my Mom “Grandma, I feel like a million bucks!”
(Alivia with her teacher. The kids from her class study the sacraments during religion at school and then make the sacraments together with the rest of the kids from church.)
- While the kids went to confession, the parents were encouraged to go as well. So, I went. At the beginning of your confession you’re supposed to tell the priest how long it’s been since your last confession. So, I’m all “Forgive me Father for I have sinned, it’s been 100 years since my last confession.” And the priest is all “What did you say!?” So, I repeated “100 years.” And then he got mad and asked me “WHY?!” Ok, so I didn’t actually say “100 years,” but I may as well have because that’s how mad he was. Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that I was judged at confession?
- When I told Shawn about the above scenario, he said “Well, that was dumb. Why did you tell him that? If it’s been a couple years, you’re just supposed to say it’s been over a year.” Well, shit. Nobody told me that. Lesson learned.
- A couple weeks ago I became an official “lunch Mom” at the girls school. I do lunch 2 days a week and I make $8/day, so I’m thinking I might as well quit my nursing job.
- Alivia started selling Girl Scout Cookies on Saturday. Shawn took her around the neighborhood and a couple people turned her down flat stating “We’re on a diet.” Haters. Shawn thinks the Girl Scouts are stupid for having their cookie sale right after New Years when everyone is on their annual one month diet. I’d have to agree, but I’m thinking we should hit these people again at the end of the cookie sale just in case they’ve fallen off the wagon.
- On Friday night Alivia and I went to a Girl Scout Pajamboree:
(Lainey didn’t actually go, but she wanted to be in the picture.)
- At the Pajamboree I served punch for 2 hours. It was awesome. At one point a lady came up to me and asked for a “refill.” When she handed me her cup, I saw that she had a piece of chewed gum stuck to the top of it! Kill me now. When I handed the cup back to her I noticed she was missing at least half her teeth, so I’m not even sure why she had that gum in the first place!
- That is all.