I’ve seen several bloggers doing re-caps of the last year, and I thought about doing that, but instead I’m going to do the year end wrap up questionnaire I did last year. I got this survey from Jen last year, so feel free to copy and paste and play along!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?
Two things that immediately come to mind are that I did a Duathlon and I visited NYC with my mom!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolution, and will you make more next year?
Last year when I answered this question, I didn’t say what my resolution was, but I will now. It was actually more of a goal, than a resolution. My goal was to make a decision (and be at peace with that decision) on whether or not to have a third child. And, I’m sad to say that hasn’t happened. A week ago I probably would have told you we had reached a decision, but recent circumstances have changed that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, in November my cousin Hillary and her husband adopted sweet baby Colbie!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I don’t think so, not that I can remember.
5. What countries did you visit?
Boohoo! Still none, the same as last year. I really need to get a passport, maybe that will inspire me!
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Wow, I really can’t think of anything. That’s good though, right?
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The only day I can think of is St. Patrick’s Day, the day my Dad was in a car accident.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hands down, training for and finishing the Duathlon! All I wanted was to finish, so getting 1st place in my age group and 4th overall, was just a bonus!!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Twice in the last year I started to train for a half marathon, but never finished training or ran the race. This is something I really want to do, so I count this as a gigantic failure!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Pfft. Up until last week, I could have answered this “no.” Longish story short…last week I was in the hospital. It was lamesauce. I’m still not 100%, and it sounds like I never will be. I’ve been hosting a pity party for the last week, wanna come?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hello! Keurig, need I say more?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Or course, Alivia and Lainey’s! They never cease to amaze me at what smart, caring, and beautiful little girls they are growing up to be! My husband’s behavior has also merited celebration. I couldn’t ask for a better husband or father for my daughters, we are truly blessed!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled or depressed?
I plead the fifth on this one!
14. Where did most of your money go this year?
Other than my kids and bills…I’d have to say a lot money was spent on traveling, and having fun as a family!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I’m always excited about vacations! This year we went to Atlanta for spring break, stayed in a condo at Silver Lake for a week in July, went to Mackinac Island (with my whole family!) in August, and also in August my Mom and I went to NYC. I wonder what adventures 2011 will hold?
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I hate answering this question! My car radio is tuned to Radio Disney 95% of the time, so songs that remind of the last year are always teeny-bopper songs! If I have to answer, I’m going to (sadly) say “One Less Lonely Girl” by Justin Bieber. I’ll never forget the day I drove the girls to school and I told them if I heard “One Less Lonely Girl” one more time, then there was going to be one less lonely boy!
17. Compared to this time last year are you a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I think I am probably happier than I was last year, which is a wonderful thing! As far as thinner or fatter, I can’t remember my exact weight from this time last year, but I’m guessing I’m probably within 2 lbs. of last years weight at this time. As far as I know, we are no richer or poorer than we were last year.
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
Last year I answered this question with “cooking,” and I’m going to do the same this year. I would still really like to learn to cook better, maybe now that we have a new stove that will inspire me? Don’t hold your breath on that one.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about situations that are completely out of my control.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
On Christmas Eve my parents went to church with us, and the girls sang in the Children’s Choir. After church we came home and had a yummy dinner here. On Christmas Day we opened presents at home, and then went to my parent’s house to spend the day with my whole family. The day after Christmas we drove to Ohio to celebrate Christmas with Shawn’s grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was a very busy few days!
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Fall in love, no. Stay in love, yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate someone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, I still dislike the same people!
24. What was the best book you read?
The Help. If you haven’t read this book yet, what are you waiting for?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ugh. Can we skip this question? Ok, ok. One new artist I’ve enjoyed is Kesha. Some of her songs are definitely questionable, but they are good workout songs!
26. What did you want and get?
At the risk of sounding spoiled: a laptop, a Keurig, a sectional for the living room, a new road bike, a new oven (stainless steel baby!), Lady GaGa tickets, and a trip to NYC. My husband did get a new car though, so I’m not the only spoiled one!
27. What did you want and not get?
Wow, probably nothing! Wait a minute. I am still waiting for that Toyota Solara convertible! Hint, hint…
28. What was your favorite film of the year?
Shawn and I really don’t go to the movies that often, so I am trying to think and I don’t know that we saw one single movie in the theatre this year. I take that back, we did see a couple kids movies, but that doesn’t count.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
On my birthday I turned 31. My birthday was on a Sunday, so we went to church and that afternoon we went out to eat with my parents and my Grandma.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Wow, it’s hard to think of one thing. If I have to choose something, I would say to be completely out of debt…like with school, car, and home loans.
31. How would you describe you personal fashion concept in 2010?
32. What kept you sane?
Working out, and my husband.
33. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well, from the beginning of the year and into the spring I was watching this show called “Mercy,” which has apparently been cancelled. Boohoo. Anyway, at that time I was fancying Dawson, who was on that show.
P.S. Yes, I know his real name isn’t Dawson.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
To be honest with you, I’m not into politics. At all. But, as far as politics go, when we were on Mackinac Island my daughters (and niece & nephew’s head) got their picture taken with the governor of Michigan:
She was not a very popular governor by any means, but my daughters still thought it was neat to get their picture taken with someone (somewhat) famous. I just realized that as of January 1, she’s not the governor anymore, but whatever.
35. Who did you miss?
I miss seeing some of my friends from high school, and a few of the women I used to work with. I also will always miss my Grandparents.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Last year, I answered this question with “Jen” another blogger who had become a friend through Facebook and email, but I had never actually met. Well, in June I finally got the chance to meet Jen! We had a great time going out to lunch and shopping, and she didn’t even kidnap me! My Mom and Dad were seriously afraid of that, which is weird since I met my husband online. Anyway, here are Jen and I:
There are also many more women in the blogosphere that I have grown closer to over the last year, and am so thankful for all of you!
37. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2010.
Accepting that where you are is exactly where you are meant to be, is a very empowering thing!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I’m every woman, it’s all in me…” You can’t go wrong with old school Whitney Houston!